KIDLINGTON gave their hopes of avoiding relegation a huge lift with a 3-0 away win over Dunstable Town.

The success sees Julian McCalmon’s side, who started the day with just North Leigh below them in the table, climb to 17th, two places outside the drop zone in Division 1 Central of the Evo-Stik South League.

A dour game sprang into life midway through the second half when Anaclet Odhiambo opened the scoring after 67 minutes.

The lead was doubled 11 minutes from time when Darius Browne beat two players in the box before smashing home.

And things got even better in the final minute when youngster Josh Took fired home to make it 3-0.

Kidlington are now three points clear of the relegation zone.

Things are looking bleak for North Leigh, however, who are seven points off safety after a 5-2 home defeat at the hands of Sutton Coldfield Town.

Henry Landers scored both goals for the Millers, twice levelling after Jonathan Letford and Ryan Nesbitt had put the visitors 1-0 and 2-1 ahead.

But Sutton Coldfield retook the lead 20 minutes from time through James Hurst and made the game safe late on when Mitchell Clarke and Letford netted.

Didcot Town’s play-off bid suffered a big setback with a 5-1 away defeat at the hands of rivals Berkhamstead.

Things looked so good for the Railwaymen when Luke Carnell gave them a fourth-minute lead.

Although the hosts levelled through Matt Bateman’s penalty on nine minutes, they were reduced to ten men two minutes later when Lewis Rodrigoe saw red for a high challenge on Callum McNish.

However, the hosts then went on to dominate despite their man disadvantage.

Bateman put them 2-1 ahead on 16 minutes and struck again just three minutes later.

A dismal day for Didcot was made worse when Jonathan Lacey scored in the 74th and 90th minutes.

It was also a bad day for Thame United, who slipped from fifth to ninth after a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Coleshill United, for whom Liam Molesworth and Jordan Nadat netted.

  • BANBURY United conceded a goal in the seventh minute of injury time to lose 2-1 at home to Biggleswade Town in Premier Central.

Matt Ball put the hosts ahead in the fourth minute, but Banbury levelled soon after through Ricky Johnson.

But Liam Brooks snatched a dramatic winner to sink the hosts.