FELIPE Barcelos scored in the fifth minute of injury time as Didcot Town hit back to draw 1-1 with Peterborough Sports on Saturday.

The result keeps Andy Ballard’s side firmly in the hunt for an Evo-Stik South League Division 1 Central play-off place, but saw the visitors knocked off top spot.

Didcot were firmly on the back foot in the opening period and were thankful to get to half-time with the game goalless.

However, just five minutes after the restart they fell behind when Dion Sembie-Ferris converted a Josh Moreman cross at the far post.

The Railwaymen looked for an equaliser, but were grateful to goalkeeper Leigh Bedwell for keeping them just one goal behind when he saved well to deny Mark Jones.

But in stoppage time the hosts grabbed an unlikely draw.

A long throw was not cleared and Barcelos was in the right place to drill home.

Thame United moved into the final play-off place after a 4-2 victory at Barton Rovers.

Despite falling behind to Charlie Clayton’s 13th-minute strike, the visitors levelled through Lynton Goss and then took the lead with Andrew Gledhill’s effort.

Dan West made it 3-1 and although Victor Obusu reduced the deficit, Liam Tack’s 65th-minute goal sealed victory.

Kidlington boosted their bid to avoid relegation with a hard-fought 1-0 home win over Berkhamsted.

Declan Benjamin scored the only goal of the game in the tenth minute as his side are now only in the drop zone on goal difference.

North Leigh are seven points adrift from safety after losing 5-2 at high-flying Corby Town.

The writing was on the wall for the Millers when Joel Carta put the hosts ahead after 12 minutes and Jordon Crawford doubled the advantage six minutes later.

North Leigh held firm until the break and gave themselves hope of a comeback when a mix-up in the home defence saw George Seacole tap into an empty net.

However, Corby restored their two-goal advantage on 67 minutes through Crawford.

And the striker completed his hat-trick 14 minutes from time from the penalty spot.

Stephen Diggin made it 5-1 six minutes from time.

And although North Leigh did pull a goal back in the final minute through Tyriq Hunte, the damage had been done.

  • BANBURY United’s poor run of form continued in the Premier Central Division with a 4-0 defeat at Tamworth.

Tyrell Waite’s double and a Chris Lait strike put the hosts 3-0 ahead after just 27 minutes.

Mike Ford’s side looked for a way back into the game, but could not find a breakthrough and a miserable afternoon was completed in the 87th minute when Anthony Dwyer made it 4-0.