DIDCOT Town fell to a 3-2 defeat at play-off rivals Corby Town on Saturday in a thrilling Division 1 Central clash.

Both teams finished with ten men in an end-to-end Evo-Stik South League encounter which saw the third-placed hosts edge to victory and open a nine-point gap to the Railwaymen, who are fourth in the table.

Things started well for Andy Ballard’s side when Luke Carnell found space at the back post to head in a superb cross from Adam Learoyd for a 15th-minute lead.

However, the hosts were level just four minutes later when Jordon Crawford’s corner went straight in.

Lance Williams missed a great chance to restore Didcot’s lead three minutes before the break, but his volley was off target.

Five minutes after the break Corby took the lead when Jordan Francis scored at the second attempt.

And just four minutes later it was 3-1 when Connor Kennedy beat two players before firing past Leigh Bedwell.

Felipe Barcelos came off the bench to give Didcot hope, scoring for the first time since his return to the club in the 67th-minute.

Pablo Haysham went close to levelling two minutes from time, only to volley over.

But there was still to be a dramatic end to the clash.

Tempers boiled over in the final minute when Kennedy was shown a straight red card after going in high on Haysham, Learoyd also dismissed after squaring up to the Corby man.

But in almost the final play of the match, Didcot were sure they should have had a penalty for handball, but their protests were waved away by the referee.

Thame United slipped out of the play-off places after losing 3-1 at Welwyn Garden City.

Dan West fired Thame ahead on 21 minutes, but Eusebio Da Silva levelled 11 minutes later.

Romelle Alomenu put the hosts ahead eight minutes before the break.

And Da Silva’s second, just three minutes after the interval wrapped up the points.

North Leigh were dramatically denied victory at home to Yaxley, after a stoppage time goal from the visitors secured a 3-3 draw.

A confident start by the Millers saw them take the lead after 14 minutes when Henry Landers scored a goal of the season contender with a long-range free-kick.

They had goalkeeper Eddie Cavanagh to thank for leading at half-time, the North Leigh stopper making his second penalty save in four games to retain their advantage.

However, Yaxley levelled through Matt Sparrow on the hour and then went 2-1 ahead when Charley Sanders netted with 20 minutes to go.

However, North Leigh equalised through George Seacole on 80 minutes and thought they had won it when Landers bagged his second in the final minute.

But Dan Cotton rescued Yaxley with a last-gasp leveller.

Kidlington remain bottom after losing 2-1 at home to Barton Rovers.

A scrappy first half ended goalless, but the visitors went ahead eight minutes after the restart when Drew Phillips netted.

Kidlington goalkeeper Sam Warrell made a number of fine saves to keep his side in it, but could not stop Phillips making it 2-0 five minutes from time.

Piers McGlynn pulled one back in the 88th-minute, but Kidlington could not find an equaliser.

l BANBURY United went down 1-0 at Lowestoft Town in the Premier Central.

The only goal of the game came in the 19th minute when Connor Deeks found the net.