BRETT Gardner scored in the seventh minute of injury time as Didcot Town pulled off another superb comeback to beat local rivals Kidlington 2-1 and move into the Division 1 Central play-off places.

The Railwaymen conceded with three minutes remaining, Lewis Gabbidon heading home what looked to be the winner for the hosts in a dramatic Evo-Stik South League encounter.

But Sam Barder levelled from the penalty spot on 90 minutes, before Gardner stunned the hosts.

It marked a seventh win in Didcot’s last eight league games, sending Andy Ballard’s side into the top five.

Defeat saw Kidlington slip back into the relegation zone after Kempston Rovers’ win over AFC Dunstable.

The Railwaymen created the clearest chance of a goalless first half, but Greg Hackett blazed over.

It looked as though both teams would have to settle for a point, before the late drama.

Kidlington, who had lost only once in their last five games, looked to have won it with three minutes to go when Gabbidon headed home a corner.

But Didcot refused to lie down and stunned the hosts.

James Organ was dismissed for a foul on Hackett in the box and Barder’s penalty squeezed past goalkeeper Sam Warrell, who got a hand to the ball.

And there was still more drama to come in the 97th minute as Gardner fired into the bottom corner from the edge of the area to spark jubilant scenes and leave Kidlington empty-handed.

Play-off chasing Thame United led 2-0 at Berkhamsted before falling to a 3-2 defeat.

Aston Goss fired Mark West’s side ahead on five minutes, before Lynton Cross doubled the lead seven minutes after half-time.

However, the hosts hit back, with Jonathan Lacey bagging a quickfire hat-trick with goals in the 59th, 62nd and 69th minutes.

North Leigh are four points adrift at the bottom after their match at home to Aylesbury was abandoned due to floodlight failure.

The sides had been level at the break after Henry Landers cancelled out Martin Griggs’ opener for the visitors.

But a problem with the floodlights caused a delay to the second half, before referee Joel Mannix called the game off for health and safety reasons.


Didcot Tn v North Leigh, Thame Utd v Aylesbury Utd, Kempston Rov v Kidlington.

BANBURY United climbed to ninth in the Evo-Stik League Premier Central Division after a 2-1 victory over Rushall Olympic on Saturday.

Mike Ford’s side moved back into the top half of the table after goals from Steve Diggin and Greg Kaziboni sank their visitors.

Banbury took the lead in the 31st minute when Kaziboni was brought down in the area and Diggin made no mistake from the penalty spot.

The visitors equalised on 58 minutes when Joseph Hull scored.

But the Puritans regained the lead just six minutes


A George Nash ball put Kaziboni through, and he made no mistake, firing past the goalkeeper for what proved the winner.

Banbury bid to close in further on the play-off places when they travel to Stratford Town on Boxing Day.