DIDCOT Town claimed derby bragging rights after beating Thame United 2-1 in their Evo-Stik South League Division 1 Central clash on Saturday.

Sam Barder was the hero for Andy Ballard’s side, his second-half penalty securing the points.

Didcot started brightly and took the lead on when George Reid was fouled 25 yards from goal.

Seth Humphries stepped up to deliver a free-kick to the back post where Adam Learoyd’s diving header squeezed past a diving Craig Hill in the Thame goal.

The visitors equalised when Luke Carnell fouled Marcus Mealing 20 yards from goal.

The same player picked himself up and planted his free-kick into the top corner in the 33rd minute.

Both teams pushed on after the break looking for a winner.

But when Reid was fouled in the area, Barder converted the resulting penalty to clinch all three points.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Barder, McNeill, Cattell, Learoyd, Reid (Gardner 82), Hayden, Murphy (Alexis 87), Thomas (L Williams 90+1), Humphries. Subs not used: Alkinlusi.

Thame Utd: Hill, Meghan, Lynn, Essex, Murray, Ashworth, Martin, Sturgess, Mealing, Clark, Cullen. Subs: Scott, Goss, Evans, Gledhill, Merridan.

North Leigh suffered a fifth successive league defeat when going down 3-1 away to Berkhamsted.

Matt Bateman fired the hosts into the lead on ten minutes, but North Leigh levelled when Liam McCrohan turned a George Seacole shot into his own net on 21 minutes.

The hosts regained the lead when Will Summerfield fired in off the post eight minutes before the break.

North Leigh tried to get back on level terms, but any hope of a comeback was ended when Bateman grabbed his second of the game with 11 minutes remaining to wrap up victory.

North Leigh now have just one team below them in the table – Kidlington.

The Greens, who secured a first league win the previous weekend, lost 4-0 at home to Sutton Coldfield Town.

Kidlington fell behind in the final minute of the first half when Kyle Delaney netted.

And three goals in the final 11 minutes wrapped up victory.

Ryan Nesbitt scored on 79 and 94 minutes, while Jonathan Letford netted in the last minute of normal time.

Kidlington: Warrell, Urquhart, Bott, Franklin, Whitehead, Coleman, Oddy, Stanbridge, Calvin, Finney, Singh. Subs: Leach, Brooks, Carroll, Davies.

Banbury United drew 0-0 at home to Tamworth in the Premier Divis-ion.

In a game of few chances in which defences were on top throughout, the point was enough to move Mike Ford’s side up to fifth.

Giorgio Rasulo came closest to breaking the deadlock for Banbury, his cross-shot hitting the bar.

Banbury Utd: Harding, Hawtin, Martin, Nash, Johnson, Henderson, Finch, Rasulo, Diggin, Awadh, Kaziboni. Subs: Heapy, Wise, Bell, Barnett, E Odihambo.