KIDLINGTON ended their long wait for a first win when Ben Willoughby’s goal gave them a 1-0 victory over Aylesbury in Division 1 Central.

The Greens went into their Evo-Stik South League clash rock bottom of the table having lost all six matches, conceding 30 goals and scoring just once.

But Willoughby’s ninth-minute strike gave Ady Fuller’s side a much-needed lift – although it was not enough to move them off the foot of the table.

Kidlington: Warrell, Urquart, Castle, Whitehead Franklin, Coleman, Talboys (Quainton 88), Stanbridge, Willoughby (Peerless 65), Calvin (Harvey 78), Singh. Subs not used: Butt, Davies.

Attendance: 82.

A last-minute penalty miss from Eddie Stevens cost North Leigh dear in their 2-1 defeat against AFC Dunstable – a third straight league loss.

The hosts fell behind in the ninth minute when Bernard Christie scored.

North Leigh levelled just two minutes later when George Seacole’s backheel allowed Josh Pinn to find the net.

Christie put Dunstable back in front ten minutes after the break.

It looked as though North Leigh’s fate was sealed, but then then in the final minute, substitute Diogo Campos – on his first-team debut – was brought down in the area after a blistering run from midfield.

Stevens, brimming with confidence after his hat-trick for the reserves a week earlier, took the penalty, only to see his effort saved by goalkeeper Jamie Head – who was lucky to still be on the pitch after only being booked after handling outside his area early in the second half.

North Leigh: Sanders, Saunders (Alabi), Simms, Tutton, Gunn, Peart, James, Stevens, Seacole, Landers (Campos), Pinn. Subs not used: Hughes, Linford-Pill.

Attendance: 116.

Banbury United lost 3-1 at Kings Lynn Town in the Premier Division.

Michael Gash fired the hosts into a sixth-minute lead, although Banbury almost levelled when Giorgio Rasulo’s free-kick was deflected onto the bar.

Two goals in four minutes ended Banbury’s hopes of a comeback.

Michael Clunan made it 2-0 from the penalty spot on 56 minutes, and Harry Limb hit No 3 on the hour mark.

Rasulo did give Banbury something to cheer 18 minutes from time, but it was too little, too late.

Banbury Utd: Harding, Hawtin, Ngathe, Nash, Johnson, Wise, Rasulo, Self, Diggin, Shamsi, Martin. Subs: Awadh, Finch, Odhiambo, Bell, Heapy.

Attendance: 575.