THERE were angry protests from Didcot Town players after the referee failed to award them a late penalty in the goalless draw at home to AFC Totton on Saturday.

Substitute George Reid appeared to be fouled inside the area, but Tom Ellsworth decided that the winger had dived and booked him for simulation.

The official had to wave away strong protests, led by skipper Adam Learoyd.

So the Railwaymen dropped two vital points in their bid to make the Evo-Stik South League West Division play-offs.

They were second best against Totton, who missed three good chances in the first half.

The hosts improved after introducing three substitutes, with Reid having the best chance, before the controversial ending.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Jeacock, Woodley, Hayden, Cattell, Learoyd, Agyakwa, Barker, Joyce (Barcelos 62), Humphries (Thomas 62), Williams (Reid 67). Subs not used: Morris, Murphy.

Attendance: 161.

North Leigh went down 2-1 at home to Cirencester Town, despite taking an early lead.

Defender Bradley Chalmers nodded the ball past keeper Matuesz Wierczorek from a corner in the 16th minute to put the hosts into a deserved lead.

The corner was the third in under a minute as the Millers piled on the pressure.

However, Cirencester levelled in the 33rd minute when striker Alan Griffin tapped in at the far post.

The decisive goal came in the 66th minute when home defender Matt Sysum, under pressure from Griffin, headed into his own net.

Half-chances fell to the home side’s George Seacole, Josh Thomas and substitute Piers McGlynn but Cirencester held firm.

North Leigh: Grimshaw, Lymn, Grabe, Sysum, Keightley, Chalmers, Thomas, James, Seacole, Shepperd (McGlynn 67), Hathaway Subs not used: Smith, Harvey, McDonough, Brough.

Attendance: 101.

Kidlington suffered a 1-0 defeat at home to promotion-chasing Salisbury City.

The only goal came in the 69th minute when Owen Howe netted from the penalty spot.

Kidlington: Warrell, E Odhiambo, Castle, B Brown, Organ, Osborne-Ricketts, Benjamin, Gabbidon, McDonagh, Coyle, D Brown. Subs: A Odhiambo, Janes, Martin, Franklin, Quainton.

Attendance: 161.

Banbury United showed great tenacity to secure a 1-1 draw away to Weymouth in the Premier Division.

Playing their fourth game in eight days, the Puritans refused to wilt after going behind and fully deserved their point.

Weymouth took the lead after 24 minutes, when Brandon Goodship struck home from six yards.

Banbury replied in the 42nd minute through Ricky Johnson.

The home side got on top in the second half, but Banbury held on to extend their unbeaten run to 11 games

Banbury Utd: Harding, Ngathe, Stonehouse,Nash, Bradbury, Wise, Self, Finch, Johnson, Howards (Winters 70), Sandy (Ngamvoulou 78). Subs not used: Adwah, Humphreys, Macdonald.

Attendance: 895.

Lynton Goss scored a hat-trick and Dan West netted twice as Thame United won 5-2 at home to Barton Rovers in the East Division.

Andrew Phillips put Barton ahead after seven minutes, but Goss levelled on the half-hour.

Goss’s second plus a quick brace from West put the hosts 4-1 ahead before the Bedfordshire side replied through Michael Gyasi.

Thame sealed the result when Goss scored a 68th-minute penalty to complete his hat-trick.