ELLIOT Sandy scored a stunning four-timer as Banbury United raced to a 4-1 victory at home to ten-man Farnborough Town on Saturday.

After a frustrating run of results, manager Mike Ford’s side hit form to move closer to a top-ten finish in the Premier Division.

There was no sign of the fireworks to come in an uneventful opening half-hour, during which Tom Winters went closest for the hosts, forcing Farnborough keeper Craig Bradshaw into an acrobatic save.

The Puritans were starting to boss affairs and Ricky Johnson netted, only to have the effort disallowed for offside.

In the 32nd minute, they took the lead when Winters’s free-kick was headed on by Luke Carnell to Sandy, who fired home from six-yards.

There had been little between the sides in the first half, but just 35 seconds after the break, Banbury doubled their lead.

Another cross in from the left by Winters found Sandy, who swept the the ball past Bradshaw.

Farnborough responded well and pulled a goal back on 57 minutes.

Jack Barton’s corner from the left found Josh Bailey, whose fierce low shot was blocked by Banbury keeper Martin Herdman, and Jaydon Antwi was on hand to score.

Herman was then forced into making a brave save at Antwi’s feet as the visitors threatened to snatch a point.

But then Bradshaw knocked over Johnson in the area after following Winters’s free-kick.

The keeper duly received a straight red card.

CJ Fearn went into goal, but had no chance with Sandy’s spot-kick as the Banbury man completed his hat-trick.

The striker was not finished, and in the 89th minute, he fired home a 20-yard free-kick low into the corner of the net to complete a memorable day.

Banbury Utd: Herdman, Ngathe (Wise 90), Stonehouse, Self, Bradbury, Carnell, Humphreys (Wright 82), Finch, Johnson, Sandy, Winters (Howards 76). Subs not used: Awadh, Harding.

Attendance: 373.

A STRONG second-half display saw Thame United romp to a 4-0 victory at home to Marlow.

There was little between the teams before the break in the East Division game, with Dan West and Lynton Goss being denied by Simon Grant, while opposite number Craig Hill had to be alert to keep out the visitors.

West opened the scoring in the 56th minute from Goss’s flick-on.

Five minutes later, Goss set up their second, finished off by Luke Ricketts from close range.

Ricketts volleyed home a spectacular third from substitute Liam Tack’s ball into the box before Jamie Essex’s 82nd-minute header completed the scoring

Thame Utd: Hill, Mepham, Lynn, Essex, McGowan, Ashworth, Connelly (Tack), L Goss (A Goss), Morris, West (Evans), Ricketts.

Attendance: 91.

The West Division derby between North Leigh and Kidlington, and Didcot’s trip to Bishops Cleeve were postponed due to waterlogged pitches.