BANBURY United were well beaten as Evo-Stik South League Premier Division title-chasers Hereford proved too strong for them in a 3-0 victory.

In front of a crowd of nearly 3,000 at Edgar Street, the hosts were always on top after taking an early lead, but it needed two second-half goals to finally subdue the determined Puritans,

Hereford took the lead after 12 minutes, when a corner from the right was only cleared out as far as Jamie Bird who let fly with an excellent shot into the bottom corner.

The visitors’ most promising move of the first half came in the 23rd minute when a low cross from the right by Jack Self was picked up by Ricky Johnson, whose shot on the turn brought a save from Martin Horsell in the Hereford goal.

At the other end, Banbury defender Luke Carnell had to head off his own line to deny a second goal for Bird, while former Didcot striker Pablo Haysham fired just wide.

With Banbury offering little going forward, the hosts doubled their lead in the 67th minute when they were awarded a penalty for a foul by substitute Jordy Ngathe.

John Mills, another former Didcot player, converting the spot-kick with aplomb into the top corner of the net.

The result was put beyond any doubt in the 77th minute when Keyon Reffell hit a superb strike from the edge the penalty area down across visiting keeper Jack Harding into the far corner of the net.

Six minutes from time, Self shot over the bar on a disappointing afternoon for Banbury.

Banbury Utd: Harding, Self, Hawtin, Nash (Ngathe 56), Wise, Carnell, Bradbury, Finch, Johnson, Winters (McDonagh 59), Sandy (Humphreys 75). Subs not used: Bryan, Macdonald.

Attendance: 2,932.

Thame United cruised to a comfortable 2-0 win at home to Aylesbury, despite playing most of the East Division game with only ten men.

Liam Tack, making his debut for boss Mark West’s side, was sent off after only 12 minutes of the derby clash for kicking out an Aylesbury player.

But Thame’s other newcomer Aston Goss fared better, twice going close in the first half against his former club.

They took the lead three minutes before half-time, when good work by Jamie Essex and Lynton Goss, set up Dan West, who finished well

The pattern continued in the second half and only a fine save by Aylesbury keeper Ashley Jenkins denied Lynton Goss.

The visitors were restricted to long-range shots, rarely troubling the home keeper Craig Hill.

Thame thought they had scored a second goal in the 70th minute when substitute Luke Ricketts put home the rebound after Lynton Goss’s shot had been blocked, but he was adjudged offside

They eventually made it 2-0 in the 83rd minute when Lynton Goss powered home a free-kick from 25 yards after he himself had been fouled.

Thame Utd: Hill, Mepham, Lynn, Essex, McGowan, Ashworth, Tack, L Goss, West, A Goss. Sub used: Ricketts.

Attendance: 112.

Duran Martin scored twice in the first half to spur Kidlington to a 3-1 victory away to AFC Totton in the West Division.

Kidlington took the game to their hosts from the start and found the net in the 13th minute through Anaclet Odhiambo, but celebrations were cut short by an off-side flag.

However, two minutes later the Greens went ahead thanks to a blunder from Totton’s keeper Shane Murphy.

Martin chipped a free-kick over the defensive wall straight to the keeper, but Murphy dropped the ball over his shoulder and into the net.

Kidlington doubled the lead in the 37th minute.

Odhiambo was brought down by the home side’s big No 5 Callum Chugg in the penalty area, and Martin coolly converted the resultant spot-kick.

Totton upped their game after the break, but Kidlington with Ben Brown and youngster Harry Whitehead having superb games as a central defensive partnership, kept them at bay.

Kidlington looked like making it 3-0 but Darius Browne’s shot was cleared off the line by Totton’s Jack Masterton.

However, the Greens were not to be denied as Tommy Castle made it 3-0 in the 72nd minute with a fierce shot, which went in off the far post.

Home keeper Sam Warrell saved a couple of fine shots late in the game

But he was beaten in the third minute of added time, Charlie Gunson shooting home from close range.

Kidlington: Warrell, E Odhiambo, Castle, Brown, Whitehead, Gabbidon, Martin (Bell 89 mins), Elliott Osborne-Ricketts. A Odhiambo, Williams, Browne (Coyle 79 mins). Sub not used: McMahon.

Attendance: 251.

Didcot Town suffered their first defeat since early December as they went down 3-1 away to leaders Taunton Town on a wet pitch that only just survived a late inspection.

The scoreline flattered the hosts, whose clinical finishing in the first half ended the game as a contest.

The first chance fell to the visitors, but Felipe Barcelos could not convert.

Taunton, beaten only once all season, went ahead after 27 minutes when Pierce Mitchell was given too much time and space and fired past Leigh Bedwell

Ten minutes later, it was 2-0 as Ollie Chamberlain slotted home.

It got worse for the visitors, as a poor pass out by Adam Learoyd intercepted by Dan Sullivan, who made no mistake in the 43rd minute.

Both sides struggled as the pitch got worse, the surface cutting up


Didcot pressed forward and scored eight minutes from time as substitute Marlon Agyakwa crossed for George Reid to hook home.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Elkins, McNeill, Hayden, Cattell, Learoyd, Reid, Murphy (Thomas 75), Barcelos (Agyakwa 80), Barder, Pin (Jeacock 55) Subs not used; Joyce, Humphries.

Attendance: 423.

North Leigh’s game at Bideford Town was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.