FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a garage blaze before it had chance to spread to the rest of the house.

On Sunday, Banbury Fire Station was alerted to a fire in a garage room in Dukes Meadow Drive.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze using hose reel jets, before the fire had time to spread to the house.

PICTURES: Our best snaps as May Morning makes spectacular return

Banbury Cake: Picture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue ServicePicture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service

Banbury Cake: Picture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue ServicePicture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service

Banbury Cake: Picture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue ServicePicture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service

Banbury Cake: Picture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue ServicePicture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service

Banbury Cake: Picture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue ServicePicture: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service warned the public to safely dispose of embers from log burners, as that’s how the blaze started.

The fire service reported: “The fire started due to unburnt embers from a log burner being placed in the garage.

“Please ensure safe disposal of embers when clearing log burners.”

Earlier in the week, Banbury firefighters put out a bedroom caused by a candle.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok

Got a story for us? Send us your news and pictures here

List an event for free on our website here