Lee Gaskell's late try was the difference as Bradford beat Leeds 20-14 in the last West Yorkshire derby between the teams before the Bulls are relegated to the Kingstone Press Championship.

Matches between the two neighbours were season highlights through the 2000s as both clubs battled for Super League supremacy, but Friday's encounter at a rain-sodden Headingley Carnegie was a world away from those days.

Moments of quality were few and far between in a match punctuated by errors.

On-loan winger Danny Williams, a Leeds academy graduate, gave Bradford a fifth-minute lead, only for it to be wiped out by Mitch Achurch's effort.

The scrappy nature of the match continued after the break, with tries from Luke Gale and Brett Delaney both coming on the back of ball spills.

Gale's penalty gave the Bulls a 12-10 advantage heading into the final 15 minutes but Luke Briscoe appeared to have given the Rhinos bragging rights.

However, Gaskell took Gale's offload and jinked his way to the line to send the Bulls fans wild, before the latter's last-minute two-pointer made sure of Bradford's second major scalp in as many weeks.

Richard Horne rolled back the years with a man-of-the-match performance for Hull as they toppled leaders St Helens to gain their first win in seven matches.

The 32-year-old half-back looks set to end his 16-year career with the Black and Whites at the end of the season after being told he will not get a new contract but he showed he still has plenty to offer as he masterminded an impressive 19-12 win for his side at the KC Stadium.

Horne, who returned to the side in place of the injured Jordan Rankin, scored their first try and was influential throughout as lowly Hull maintained their recent improvement by claiming a notable scalp.

St Helens skipper Paul Wellens scored his 1,000th point for his club as they battled throughout with a makeshift half-back pair but they can have no complaints over the outcome.

Warrington held their nerve to edge out Catalan Dragons 26-24 in an entertaining Super League encounter at Stade Gilbert Brutus.

Both teams scored four tries in a topsy-turvy match, with Michael Oldfield notching a hat-trick for the hosts, but it was the Wolves who emerged victorious thanks to five goals from Chris Bridge.

The result saw Warrington return to winning ways following back-to-back losses as they pulled seven points clear of the seventh-placed Dragons.