Teenager Liam Sutcliffe kicked an injury-time penalty to break Catalan Dragons hearts in a breathtaking finish to their First Utility Super League match at Headingley.

The Frenchmen were poised to make history with their first-ever win at Leeds when Morgan Escare's 77th-minute drop-goal put them 31-30 in front but a lack of composure brought their downfall.

The visitors gave away possession from the restart when the ball failed to go 10 metres and, after conceding another penalty right at the end for obstruction while in possession, 19-year-old Sutcliffe - deputising for injured captain Kevin Sinfield - maintained his composure to land the 30-metre goal which secured a 32-31 victory.

It was a fortuitous win for the Rhinos but a fitting way for Jamie Peacock to mark his 400th Super League appearance as he stood in as captain in the absence of Sinfield, who missed only his second match of the season with a back injury.

Catalan, who had lost on all nine previous visits to Headingley, were inspired by full-back Escare and Australian scrum-half Sam Williams, who created two tries and kicked five goals from six attempts on an impressive first start for the club.

Joe Westerman held his nerve to kick a last-gasp conversion which gave Hull FC a share of spoils and denied Wakefield Trinity Wildcats a third straight Super League victory.

The decision to appoint James Webster as head coach has sparked a Wakefield revival and they looked to have built on wins over London Broncos and Wigan Warriors after Nick Scruton's late try, but Westerman converted Kirk Yeaman's try from out wide to earn the Black and Whites a 20-20 draw.

There was nothing to separate the teams at the end of a closely-fought first half, Hull centre Setaimata Sa's opener cancelled out by Richard Mathers on the stroke of half-time.

Good work by Sa laid on a try for Richard Horne and that set the tone for an entertaining second period.

Chris Riley and Reece Lyne crossed either side of a Yeaman effort to make it 14-14 with less than a quarter of the match remaining.

Scruton looked to have won it for Wakefield, only for Yeaman and Westerman to combine to cut the party short.

Warrington made it a miserable start for new Bulls coach Jimmy Lowes in his first match after taking over from sacked Francis Cummins.

The Wolves ran in nine tries to ease to a 50-24 victory as they made amends for their shock Super League defeat at Bradford in May.

Gareth O'Brien, back from a loan stint at Swinton, was outstanding for Warrington with a brace of tries with Joel Monaghan also notching two touchdowns in their biggest Super League win of the season.

The defeat leaves Bradford nine points behind third-from-bottom Salford with only nine Super League games remaining - and adds more importance to the Bulls High Court appeal against a six-point deduction by the Rugby Football League for going into administration for the second time in 18 months.