A stunning second half from Castleford ensured they picked up their second consecutive win as they saw off a spirited challenge from Widnes to move back to third place with a 34-22 victory.

Leading 12-10 at the break courtesy of tries from Michael Shenton and Jake Webster, the Vikings were well in the ascendancy for long periods, but three Cas tries in four second-half minutes proved to be the difference, as Luke Dorn marked his return to the side with a brace of tries, Scott Wheldon and Daryl Clark also crossing.

The lead had changed hands a remarkable four times in the first half and the Vikings were never far away thanks to tries from Kevin Brown, Stefan Marsh, Cameron Phelps and Tom Gilmore. In the end, though, they came up just short.

Ben Currie crossed twice in an impressive individual display as Warrington made it three big wins in a row and continued their dominance over Wakefield.

The Wolves arrived at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium on the back of victories over Catalan Dragons and St Helens and they moved up to fifth in First Utility Super League courtesy of a 36-4 triumph.

Three tries in six minutes just before the break ultimately won the match for Warrington, Currie scoring two and Gene Ormsby once, to build on Stefan Ratchford's early effort as the visitors claimed an 18-0 half-time lead.

Chris Bridge's converted try early in the second period made it 24-0 and after Lucas Walshaw briefly gave the Wildcats hope, Ryan Atkins and Richard Myler wrapped up the Wolves' ninth successive win over the Wildcats and fifth in a row at Belle Vue.

London crashed to their 14th successive Super League loss of the season after suffering a 48-16 defeat at Hull KR.

The Broncos have been showing signs of significant improvement under new coach Joe Grima, having run Huddersfield and Catalan Dragons close in recent weeks.

And while they threatened to mount a comeback in the second half at the KC Lightstream Stadium after reducing a 22-4 deficit to within six points, they were ultimately left to rue defensive lapses as the Robins earned their second successive win.

On-loan St Helens winger Ade Gardner, Craig Hall and Josh Hodgson both touched down twice while there were also tries for Neville Costigan, Adam Walker and Kevin Larroyer, with Travis Burns adding six conversions as Craig Sandercock's men moved back into the play-off places.

Alex Foster claimed two of the visitors' tries after Denny Solomona had got them on the scoresheet in the first period.