Police looking for five-year-old April Jones have denied the search is scaling down 13 days after she first went missing.
Officers from all over the UK have joined in the hunt for her, while volunteers from the ambulance service and the Coastguard are also continuing to search.
A spokeswoman for Dyfed Powys Police said: "Over the weekend the search for April Jones continues, with teams carefully examining many different areas. The area in and around Machynlleth is large and we are continuing to put a huge level of resource into the search.
"As time passes and we work through the detailed plan, we will of course conclude our searches in particular areas. Whilst we have almost completed the searches in the town centre area, outside this small vicinity there is still a lot to do. The search continues at the same level of intensity that we have seen all last week. We have a number of areas and locations identified that require a detailed, methodical forensic search."
Superintendent Ian John, who is leading the search, said on Friday his search teams remain committed to finding the little girl.
The area searched last week alone would take one person almost nine years to complete on their own, police said.
Specially trained officers are continuing to support April's family, who are being updated about the search operation.
A fundraising walk in support of the April Jones fund, set up by Machynlleth Town Council, is to take place in Penarth on Sunday, while thousands of pink ribbons, which became a symbol of hope for the youngster being found, continue to be put up across Wales.
The ribbons were also worn by the Wales football team during the national anthems and line-ups ahead of their match against Scotland at Cardiff City Stadium on Friday night.
Mark Bridger, 46, appeared in court on Wednesday accused of abducting and murdering April, and of unlawfully disposing of and concealing her body with intent to pervert the course of justice.