When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Absconder rings police about report
A sex offender who absconded from court a year ago called police when he saw the offence he was convicted of being wrongly reported on a local news website.
James Dunham, 33, went on the run from Hove Crown Court on January 9 last year after pleading guilty to intentionally causing or inciting a girl aged 14 to engage in sexual activity in Heathfield, East Sussex, in January 2012.
However, information which was put out to the media in good faith claimed that Dunham, from Eastbourne, had pleaded guilty to having sex with an under-age girl.
The landscape gardener saw the report and made a call to voice his discontent that he had been accused of the wrong offence, a source said.
Dunham, whose last known address was Albert Parade, Eastbourne, was given bail and told to remain in the court building to discuss the case with his solicitor, but he has not been seen since.
Dunham is white, 5ft 10in and of medium build, with green eyes and short brown hair.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: "Dunham is not believed to present a physical risk to the general public but anyone who knows where he is is asked to contact us right away."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.