A 15-year-old boy has been arrested after a disabled pensioner was taunted on a bus and then attacked.
Police believe they have also identified three other youths suspected to be involved in the assault in Stockport, Greater Manchester.
The 66-year-old victim was verbally abused and had cigarette packets thrown at him on the 300 bus before he was knocked to the ground at Daw Bank station.
The man needed hospital treatment for bruising to his head, face and body.
Yesterday, detectives released CCTV images from the incident which happened at about 5.30pm on November 9 last year.
Greater Manchester Police said a 15-year-old boy was arrested last night on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
He has been bailed until January 23 pending further inquiries.
More arrests are expected to follow as a result of calls from the public, police added.
Detective Constable Drew McArdle, said: "We have had an overwhelming response from the public following our appeal for information.
"This incident clearly struck a chord with the general public and I would like to thank everyone that has provided information that has resulted in us identifying the people in the CCTV images.
"While feeling is likely to run high it is important all four are afforded the opportunity to provide their account of what happened.
"I am confident that the truth will out and justice for the victim will prevail but for that to happen it is important the judicial process is allowed to run its course."