Details of a joint police and NSPCC report on the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal are due to be revealed.
Scotland Yard is leading the national investigation into allegations against the disgraced television presenter and other figures in the entertainment industry.
So far 589 people have come forward with information relating to the scandal, with a total of 450 complaints made against Savile himself.
The report is expected to claim that children as young as 10 were among his victims and that he may have raped more than 30 children and young people over four decades, the Guardian said.
John Cameron, head of child protection for the NSPCC, told The Guardian: "It is very clear that Savile assaulted very young children and that he was a prolific paedophile, there is no doubt about that. We want this to mark a cultural shift so that if a child speaks out about someone, we take what they are saying seriously and we act upon it always in future."
The investigation has been separated into three strands: allegations involving Savile, those involving Savile and others, and those involving others.
So far detectives working on the inquiry, called Operation Yewtree, have questioned 10 people, including comedians Jim Davidson and Freddie Starr, DJ Dave Lee Travis and PR guru Max Clifford. They all deny any wrongdoing.
On Thursday the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) confirmed that it had received a file on a man in his 60s from police. Operation Yewtree officers handed a full file of evidence to the CPS last month on a man from London arrested on December 10 on suspicion of sexual offences.
And the CPS confirmed it is now giving investigative advice on a total of four other people who have been interviewed: a man in his 60s from Surrey, a man in his 80s from Berkshire, a man in his 70s from London, and most recently a man in his 60s from Warwickshire.
The NSPCC reported a surge in calls after the publicity surrounding claims against Savile, believed to be the most prolific sex offender police have ever dealt with.