When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
The Scales of Justice
People recently convicted of offences at the county's magistrates' courts
- Christopher Nicholson, 54, of Foster Road, Abingdon, admitted shoplifting a £32.99 bottle of brandy from Waitrose in Abingdon on February 6. Given a 12-month conditional discharge and told to pay £40 costs.
- Sharon Maasz, 38, of no fixed address, admitted shoplifting alcohol valued at £20.09 from Co-op in Botley on September 13. Fined £30 and told to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and £20.09 compensation.
- Afzal Mohammed, 35, of Randolph Street, Oxford, admitted possessing cannabis (Class B) in Oxford on January 30. Given a 12-month conditional discharge and told to pay £50 costs.
- Matthew Lunt, 25, of Wigman Road, Nottingham, admitted acting as a pedlar without a certificate in Ardington on October 28. Fined £100, told to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and £100 costs.
- Rikki Brackett, 31, of Nunnery Close, Oxford, admitted criminally damaging the glass panel of a door in Oxford on February 13, assault by beating and criminal damage to windows on February 26 and shoplifting £15.14 of food on February 22. Two other offences taken into consideration. Jailed for four months.
- Jimmy King, 23, of St Nicholas Road, Wallingford, admitted drink-driving in Drayton St Leonard on September 3. Had 122mg of alcohol in 100ml of urine, above the legal limit of 107mg. Fined £120, told to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and £150 costs. Banned from driving for three years.
- Eamon Prenderville, 30, of Purcell Road, Marston, admitted assault by beating in Oxford on January 14. Given a two-month curfew and told to pay £150 compensation and £85 costs.
- Tom Loveridge, 30, of Tenacre Caravan Park, Sandford-on-Thames, admitted shoplifting crisps and sweets valued at £15 from 99p Stores in Oxford on February 11 and commission of a further offence while subject to a conditional discharge. Given 50 hours’ unpaid work and told to pay £85 costs.
- Harry Himpson, 24, of Iffley Road, Oxford, admitted stealing a gym membership card and a locking wheel nut socket in Oxford on November 1. Given 100 hours’ unpaid work and must pay £100 costs.
- Jonathon Hearn, 27, of Beverley Close, Oxford, admitted being drunk and disorderly in Stratton Way, Abingdon, on March 3. Given a six-month conditional discharge and told to pay £85 costs.
- Daniel Durham, 25, of Seamore Street, Largs, Scotland, admitted stealing a pedal cycle in Oxford on October 21 and November 7 and commission of further offences while subject to a suspended sentence. Given 18 months’ supervision and suspended sentence extended by four months. Told to pay £850 compensation.
- David Williams, 49, of Church Street, Gowerton, Swansea, admitted assault by beating in Didcot on October 7 and 8. Given 90 hours’ unpaid work, an indefinite restraining order and told to pay £100 costs and £150 compensation.
- Rachel Reed, 30, of Chapel Street, Middlesbrough, admitted receiving stolen goods, a bag and its contents, in Oxford on October 20. Fined £120 and a £15 victims’ surcharge.
- Josh Barnes, 20, of Andover Close, Bicester, admitted damaging a cell wall valued at £78 at Banbury Police Station on February 28. Told to pay £78 compensation and £40 costs.
- Richard Bassett, 44, of Edgcote, Banbury, admitted driving while unfit through drink in Lower Cherwell Street, Banbury, on March 4. Given 120 hours’ unpaid work and told to pay £85 costs. Banned from driving for four years.
- Mark Michalke, 41, of Primrose Lane, Broughton, Milton Keynes, admitted stealing a front and rear numberplate in Bicester on November 10. Two other offences taken into consideration. Given a 12-month conditional discharge and told to pay £192.19 compensation, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £40 costs.
- Neil Wright, 38, of Grange Road, Banbury, admitted possessing cannabis (Class B) and cocaine (Class A) in Banbury on March 1. Fined £100, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £40 costs.
- George Garrett, 26, of St Mary Street, New Bradwell, Milton Keynes, admitted assault causing ABH in Banbury on April 24, 2011. Given six months’ supervision and four days’ restorative justice. Told to pay £500 compensation and £150 costs.
- Christopher Fletcher, 20, of Kingsclere Road, Bicester, admitted possessing cannabis (Class B) in Bicester on February 24. Fined £500, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Szymon Pointrowski, 24, of Stirling Road, London, admitted driving without due care and attention, without insurance and with an illegally worn tyre on the B4022 at Great Tew on October 3. Fined £320, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Told to pay £600 compensation. Banned from driving for six months.
- Christopher Thorne, 25, of Church Close, Weston-on-the-Green, admitted drink-driving in Shakespeare Drive, Bicester, on February 25. Had 61mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the legal limit of 35mcg. Fined £220, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 18 months.
- Ionut Cretu, 24, of Ray Road, Bicester, admitted assaulting two police constables in Bicester on November 6. Fined £180, told to pay £15 victims’ surcharge and £300 compensation
- Kevin Capell, 29, of Middleton Road, Banbury, admitted criminally damaging a door valued at £30 in Banbury on November 22. Given a six-month conditional discharge and told to pay £40 compensation and £350 costs.
- Steven Britton, 64, of Blakes Field, Didcot, convicted of assault by beating in Enslow on October 1. Given an 18-month exclusion order from the Rock of Gibraltar pub and a three-year restraining order. Fined £375, a £15 victims’ surcharge, £250 costs and £70 compensation.
Comments are closed on this article.