When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
SCALES OF JUSTICE
12:00pm Tuesday 9th October 2012 in News
- Darren Wilkins, 26, of Campion Road, Abingdon, admitted shoplifting a Blackberry mobile phone from the Westgate, Oxford, on July 27. Also admitted possession of cannabis at Campion Road, Abingdon, of September 3. Sent to prison for seven days.
- Ashim Sukriev, 18, of no fixed address, admitted trespassing in The John Allen Centre, Between Towns Road, Oxford, with intent to steal therein on June 11. Sent to prison for 20 weeks as crime committed while on bail.
- Hayley Cox, 30, of Brome Place, Headington, admitted shoplifting a leg of lamb worth £12 from Co-operative in Oxford on August 27, and two steaks worth £16 from the same store on August 31. Also admitted shoplifting three steaks worth £24 from the Co-operative store in Oxford on September 3. Sent to prison for eight weeks.
- Nasser Younis, 33, of Sandford Green, Banbury, admitted possession of cannabis in Banbury on June 1. Given a curfew order for 12 weeks and ordered to pay £85 costs.
- Ben Hornsby, 30, of The Beeches Mobile Home Park, Old London Road, Chipping Norton, admitted shoplifting two bottles of vodka worth £40 from Marks and Spencer in Bridge Street, Banbury, on August 26. Also admitted shoplifting a bottle of Champagne worth £30 from the same store on the same day. A community order made with an alcohol treatment requirement for six months. One other offence taken into consideration. Told to pay £103.98 compensation.
- Daniel Turner, 19, of Lee Close, Kidlington, convicted of assaulting a police constable in the execution of his duty on July 21 in Kidlington. Ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid community work. Told to pay £150 compensation and £200 costs.
- Nigel Gardner, of Far Close, Crossing Lane, Claydon, convicted of causing unnecessary suffering to a Jack Russell terrier by failing to provide veterinary care in respect of injuries. Told to pay costs of £200 and banned from keeping any animals for five years.