COUNTY council leader Ian Hudspeth is planning to travel around Oxfordshire to set out his transport vision.
He will visit Witney, Didcot, Wantage, Bicester, Banbury and Henley to outline how transport can be developed to cope with a growing number of jobs and homes. He said: “Transport networks must keep pace with housing, population growth and jobs. Now is the time to talk about how we’ll achieve that.”
Around 80,000 new jobs and 100,000 new homes are expected to come to the county by 2031.
Earlier this year Mr Hudspeth set out his vision for Oxford.
The six meetings will take place between 7pm and 8.30pm at:
- Banbury Town Hall Monday, June 23
- Wantage Civic Centre, Wednesday, June 25
- Littlebury Hotel, Bicester, Monday, June 30
- Henry Box School, Witney Monday, July 7
- Cornerstone Arts Centre, Didcot, Tuesday, July 15
- Henley Town Hall, Wednesday, July 16.
• Our top stories: