When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Smoke alarm triggers advice
7:30am Saturday 10th May 2014 in News
TWO fire engines were called to a smoke alarm triggered by unattended cooking.
The occupier of the flat in Penrose Close, Banbury, and a neighbour were treated for possible smoke inhalation on Monday afternoon.
Crews used fans to clear the remaining smoke from the flat.
Crew manager Piper said: “This incident highlights the dangers of leaving cooking unattended, and the benefits of having a working smoke alarm.
“Ensure you have a working smoke alarm, as a smoke alarm will give an immediate warning of a fire and allow you to escape before the fire grows. Have a fire plan so everyone in your household knows what to do when a smoke alarm goes off.”
Comments are closed on this article.