When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
SCALES OF JUSTICE: Cases heard at Banbury Magistrates' Court
5:00am Wednesday 19th February 2014 in News
- Ansar Mahmood, 33, of Manor Court, Banbury, admitted drink driving on Castle Street, Banbury, on January 26. Had 60 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, over the legal limit of 35 mg. Fined £110 and ordered to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £40 costs. Banned from driving for 17 months.
- Sebastian Mrozinski, 24, of Mold Crescent, Banbury, admitted assaulting police constables Simon Travis and John Thirlaway while on duty and using threatening or abusive words or behaviour to cause alarm in Banbury High Street on December 21. Given an 18-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £100 compensation, £60 costs and a £15 victims’ surcharge.
- Richard Pickett, 36, of Woodstock Road, Oxford, admitted drink driving on the A34 at Wendlebury on January 27. Had 89 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, over the legal limit of 35mg. Fined £120, ordered to pay £85 costs and a £20 victims’ surcharge and banned from driving for 20 months.
- Angela Rayson, 47, of Skimmingdish Lane, Bicester, admitted having 10.13g of cannabis, a Class B drug, in Arncott on November 19, with intent to supply it to her son Danny Rayson in prison. Sent to prison for 12 weeks.
- Carl Culliford, 21, of Henry Gepp Close, Adderbury, was convicted of assaulting a man by beating him on Banbury Broad Street on June 9, and admitted failing to attend an unpaid work session on January 19. Sent to prison for 20 weeks and ordered to pay £250 compensation. Also given a suspended sentence of eight weeks for 12 months.