When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
FLOODING: Warnings remain in place on Thames, Windrush and Thame
7:00am Wednesday 12th February 2014 in News
A TOTAL of 17 flood warnings from the Environment Agency were still in place on the Thames, the River Windrush, and the River Thame last night.
River levels continued to drop today across most of Oxfordshire yesterday but heavy rain is predicted by weather forecasters today.
The Thames at Iffley Lock dipped to 65cm yesterday from 74cm on Monday, while levels at Abingdon Lock dropped to 48cm from 52cm on Monday.
Flood warnings have been issued for rivers across Oxfordshire, warning that flooding is expected, including:
- River Thames and tributaries at Kennington near Oxford
- River Thames at Clifton Hampden, Dorchester and Little Wittenham
- River Thames and tributaries in the Binsey, Osney and Osney Island areas in Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at New Botley, New and North Hinksey and Grandpont in Oxford.
- River Thames at Culham
- River Thames between Newbridge and King’s Lock above Oxford including Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt, Bablock Hythe and caravan park, Eynsham, Swinford and Yarnton
- River Thames in Abingdon River Windrush at Witney and Ducklington down to and including Hardwick
- River Thame from Chiselhampton to Drayton St Leonard including Newington
- River Thames in the Playhatch, Sonning and Sonning Eye area
- River Thames from Day’s Lock down to South Stoke, including Dorchester-on-Thames, Shillingford, Benson, Wallingford, North Stoke and Moulsford
- River Thame in the Dorchester area
Comments are closed on this article.