When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Oxfordshire rivers put on flood alert
11:50pm Sunday 22nd December 2013 in News
DUE TO heavy rain in recent days, a number of Oxfordshire's rivers are now subject to flood alerts due to rising water levels.
The alerts cover the following rivers and brooks:
- Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton
- River Evenlode from Moreton-in-Marsh to Cassington
- River Glyme at Woodstock and Wootton-by-Woodstock
- Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon
- River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to and including Islip
- River Thame from Marsworth to Dorchester, inclusing Thames Waterperry, Wheatley and Drayton St Leonard.
A flood alert is the lowest level of the Environment Agency's three-stage warining system, meaning that flooding is possible and property owners shoud be prepared.
For the latest information, see environment-agency.gov.uk or call the Floodline on 0845 988 1188.
Comments are closed on this article.