When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Lucky escape after candles left burning in bedroom start fire
8:30am Monday 23rd December 2013 in News
A couple had a lucky escape when they fell asleep and candles left burning set fire to their bedroom.
A smoke alarm alerted other family members who were able to wake the sleeping couple and put dampened towels on the fire.
Firefighters were called to a property in Milton Road, Banbury, at 4.30am on Saturday.
Four adults were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
Watch manager John Callaway said: “Without doubt, the smoke alarm saved the lives of this young couple and prevented further damage to the house.”