When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Update: Flooding latest for Christmas Day
RIVER warnings remain in place on the Thames and Cherwell this morning, while there is flooding in other areas of the county.
There are reports of flooding affecting Watery Lane in Clifton Hampden, Lower Street in Islip and Church Road in Church Hanborough.
The Flood Warnings in force this morning are:
- River Thames from Buscot Wick down to Shifford including Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, Lower Bampton area and Chimney Area
- River Thames between Newbridge and Kings Lock above Oxford including Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt, Bablock Hythe and caravan park, Eynsham, Swinford and Yarnton.
- River Thames and tributaries in the Binsey, Osney and Osney Island areas in Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at New Botley, New and North Hinksey and Grandpont in Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at Kennington near Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at Sandford and Radley near Oxford
- River Thames from Days Lock down to South Stoke, including Dorchester-on-Thames and Overy, Shillingford, Benson, Wallingford, North Stoke and Moulsford
- River Thames at Culham
- River Thames in Abingdon
- River Cherwell from Lower Heyford down to Cherwell Bridge including Rousham, Enslow, Thrupp and Hampton Poyle
- River Cherwell at Oxford from Cherwell Bridge to the Thames confluence north of New Hinksey, including parts of Summertown, New Marston and Magdalen Bridge areas
- River Thame from Chiselhampton to Drayton St Leonard including Newington
- River Thame in the Dorchester and Overy areas
- River Windrush at Witney and Ducklington down to and including Hardwick
- Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton
Flood warnings means flooding is llikely so people and businesses near by need to take immediate precautions.
Flood Alerts in the county (some of which pre-date and cover the same areas as some Flood Warnings, but are still listed by the Environment Agency):
- River Thames and tributaries in the Oxford Area, including areas between Wolvercote down to and including Radley and Jericho
- River Thames and tributaries from Buscot Wick down to Kings Lock, above Oxford, including Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, Chimney, Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt, Bablock Hythe and caravan park, Eynsham, Swinford and Yarnton
- Sor Brook and The Bloxham Brook and their tributaries from Horley and Bloxham to and including Adderbury
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks and their tributaries from Stratton Audley down to the M40 near Merton, including Bicester and Wendlebury
- River Cherwell and its tributaries from Charwelton to just above Upper Heyford including Woodford Halse, Edgcote, Cropredy, Marston St Lawrence, Banbury, Kings Sutton, Hook Norton
- River Thames and its tributaries from Days Lock to above Pangbourne, including Dorchester and Overy, Shillingford, Benson, Ewelme, Wallingford, Winterbrook, East Hagbourne, South Moreton, North Stoke, Moulsford, South Stoke, Goring and Streatley
- River Thames for the Abingdon area, including areas between Abingdon down to and including Little Wittenham
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon including, Stanford in the Vale, Charney Bassett, Lyford and Garford, and also the Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- River Evenlode from Moreton in Marsh to Cassington including, Kingham, Bledington, Milton under Wychwood, Shipton under Wychwood, Ascott under Wychwood, Charlbury, Fawler and Long Hanborough and also the River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock
- Clanfield Brook for Clanfield Village and the Shill Brook for Bampton
- River Windrush from Bourton to Newbridge including Burford, Asthall, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington, Rack End and Standlake
- River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to Islip, including Ludgershall, Blackthorn and Murcott
- River Cherwell and its tributaries from Lower Heyford down to Oxford including Rousham, Enslow, Thrupp and Hampton Poyle
- River Thame from Marsworth to Dorchester including, Long Marston, Rowsham, North Aylesbury, Cuddington, Thame, Shabbington, Ickford, Waterperry, Cuddesdon, Wheatley, Quarrendon, Drayton St Leonard, Overy, the Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton.
Flood Alerts means there is a potential for flooding.
Click here for roads affected by flooding today.
Before you travel to see relatives, you can check for the latest travel disruptions on our Live Traffic Service.
if you have any pictures of flooding, please email them to our Picture Desk.