A beautiful character cottage set in the village of Bishops Caundle with many features inside & views to countryside outside. Comprising a delightful lounge with wood burning stove, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. The rear garden is of good size & a particular asset to the home. Energy Rating D.
A beautiful character cottage set in the charming village of Bishops Caundle with many features inside and views to countryside outside. Comprising a delightful lounge with wood burning stove, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. The rear garden is of good size and a particular asset to the home. Energy rating D.
Bishops Caundle is a Blackmore Vale village situated approximately 6 miles from Sherborne and comprising a post office with thriving community shop (within walking distance), garage, Inn, primary school, village hall and Church. The historic Abbey town of Sherborne has a good range of banking, schooling and shopping facilities with main line train station (London/Waterloo).
Door to front, electric meter and consumer unit.
Lounge 15' 6" to chimney breast x 14' 1" + understairs recess ( 4.72m to chimney breast x 4.29m + understairs recess )
Double glazed window to the front, night storage heater, television aerial socket, telephone point, wooden floors (insulation under) and fireplace with new woodburning stove inset (in January).
Doors leading to bathroom and kitchen.
Kitchen 10' 6" x 10' 1" ( 3.20m x 3.07m )
Glazed window to the rear, door to garden and inner hall. Fitted kitchen with wall and base units, ceramic 1 ¼ bowl sink/drainer unit, work surfaces, calor gas point, plumbing for a washing machine, space for a fridge/freezer, and night storage heater.
Bathroom 6' 7" x 6' 4" ( 2.01m x 1.93m )
Glazed window to the rear, bath with shower over, wash hand basin, low level W/C, tiling, extractor fan and heated towel rail.
Glazed window to the rear and stairs leading from lounge. Access to loft space, airing cupboard housing hot water tank.
Bedroom 1 14' 3" x 9' 8" ( 4.34m x 2.95m )
Double glazed window to the front and cupboard over stairwell bulkhead.
Bedroom 2 11' 4" x 6' 8" ( 3.45m x 2.03m )
Double glazed window to the front and wood flooring.
Front Of House
The property is accessed by a single width gate and steps leading to front door. There is a small front garden with a collection of flower and shrubs.
Rear Of House
The garden is a particular feature and is laid mainly to lawn with a wide array of flowers/shrubs and trees. It also offers privacy and has a wooden shed, coal bunker and outside tap
Workshop/studio 10' 2" x 9' 9" ( 3.10m x 2.97m )
Double glazed window to the rear, power and lighting.
From Sherborne proceed on the A352 Dorchester Road and after approximately 1 mile turn left sign posted Sturminster Newton (A3030). Proceed through the village of Alweston and into Bishops Caundle. Upon entering the village proceed past the garage and the property will be found on your left hand side.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS - Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. These particulars do not constitute part or all of an offer or contract.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Potential buyers are advised to recheck the measurements before committing to any expense.
5. Connells has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and it is the buyers interests to check the working condition of any appliances.
6. Connells has not sought to verify the legal title of the property and the buyers must obtain verification from their solicitor.