• The Old Granary is located in a development of similar bar ns situated on the edge of the village.
• Constructed of local ironstone under a slate roof, the barn was converted in 1997.
• Period features include deep window sills, some slit windows, a flagstone floor in hallway, exposed A-frames and other exposed ceiling and wall timbers.
• In the middle of the property is a glazed former barn door allowing lots of light to enter the house in the main part fr om both the front and rear.
• The hallway has a gallery landing with a full roof-height ceiling.
• All the bedrooms have semi-vaulted ceilings.
• The kitchen has a wide doorway opening to the dining room, and a utility room leading off.
• Balscote is a quiet, peaceful village situated in undulating north Oxfordshire countryside close to the borders of south Warwickshire.
• The village has a public house, small parish church and a community village hall.
• Local primary schools include Shenington and Wroxton.
Prep schools Carrdus (Overthorpe) and St. Johns Priory.
Secondary school Warriner (Bloxham).
Private Bloxham, Sibford, Warwick, Stratford Grammer and Tudor Hall.
• The nearby market town of Banbury has all the everyday facilities and shopping requirements.
• Good access to the M40 motorway at Junction 11 is six miles away .
• Excellent fast line rain services to London Marylebone from 54 minutes and to the north.
• Sporting and recreational activities include golf at Tadmarton Heath and Cherwell Edge (Chacombe), horse racing at Warwick, Stratford and Cheltenham, motor racing at Silverstone; theatre at Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford.
• The gardens are a feature of the property being of a good size to both the front and rear.
• The rear garden is principally laid to lawn surrounded by mature screening bushes and shrubs.
• Adjacent to the dining room, French doors open to a paved and gravelled eating terraced area with low box hedging.
• There is wide gate access to the side of the barn giving access to the front of the property.
• To the side is a secure fenced 'wild garden' with clematis and a small pond.
• Two garden sheds.
• To the side of the property is a covered open garage with ample parking for several cars to the front and side.